This low carb jam recipe allows everyone to enjoy jam with none of the guilt. 😁
Strawberry Jam Ingredients:
- 5 cups washed and chopped strawberries (approx. 2 quarts or a 900g package)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons chia (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon maca powder (optional)
Strawberry Jam Directions:
- Prepare 4 small mason jars with lids washed and cleaned, place in a cook pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then turn to low heat.
- Place strawberries and lemon juice in a large pot. Place on stove top and turn heat to medium/high.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes; mashing the berries with a potato masher as you heat them.
- Add coconut sugar and stir in and turn to high, keep stirring and bring to a hard boil (meaning that mixture will not subside when you stir it). Keep at a hard boil for one minute and continue stirring.
- Turn heat down to low add chia and cacao powder. Simmer for 15 minutes or until desired consistency.
Besides just putting on toast, this recipe is a great topping to add some strawberry punch to your morning strawberry fruit salad.