What Makes KSM Ashwagandha Different?
KSM-66 Ashwagandha® is a branded, full-spectrum extract, with the highest concentration of all major “root only” extracts available on the market today. It is produced using a unique, proprietary extraction process, based on “Green Chemistry” principles, without using alcohol or any other chemical solvent.
In 24 double blind, randomized placebo controlled clinical trials KSM-66 Ashwagandha® has been clinically proven to:
- Reduce stress, stress-related food cravings, and enhance quality of sleep
- Enhance memory and cognition
- Increase endurance, strength, and immune function
- Improve sexual function in both men and women, and testosterone in men
Highest Potency Ashwagandha
KSM-66 is an ashwagandha extract, created via a process that took 14 years of R&D to develop and refine. KSM-66 is the best ashwagandha extract on the world market today in the sense that it is the highest concentration full-spectrum extract available today. A “full-spectrum” extract is an extract which maintains the balance of the various constituents of the original herb, without over-representing any one constituent. The ashwagandha herb’s efficacy is believed to be the result of a complex blend of active constituents. All the constituents need to be present in their natural proportions, which is why it is important for an extract to be full-spectrum.
After many years of R&D, the KSM-66 science team did what no one was able to achieve until then. With `Green Chemistry` processing, they were able to holistically extract all the root essence while preserving its natural healing potency. This proved to be immensely successful.
KSM-66 Strictly Avoids the Use of Leaves.
KSM-66 uses only the roots of the ashwagandha plant with absolutely no addition of leaves. The price of leaves is often less than 1/15th the price of roots. Both in independent clinical trials and in thousands of years of traditional use, the root is the part of the plant that is used predominantly for adaptogenic benefits and internal ingestion. The primary use of leaves traditionally was for topical treatments on the skin for conditions like burns or carbuncles, not internal consumption. The use of the roots is on a significantly better scientific foundation in terms of human clinical evidence and period of observation than the use of leaves.
Why Use the Root ONLY for Internal Use?
- Ashwagandha root consumption has been much more prevalent, thus providing greater opportunity to observe its safety than ashwagandha leaf consumption.
- The predominant majority of published clinical trials today are on the root and not the leaf.
- The coverage of ashwagandha in reference works like the pharmacopeias is only on the root. These reference works are the United States Pharmacopoeia, the British Pharmacopoeia, the Indian Pharmacopoeia, the Ayurvedic Pharmacopoeia, Indian Materia Medica, the Health Canada monograph and the W.H.O. monograph. The leaf is, in fact, not even mentioned in any of them for therapeutic use or ingestion.
- Regulatory bodies in some European countries allow only the root of ashwagandha plant and not the leaves.
- Given that the leaves are plentiful and easily accessible, what reason would Ayurveda practitioners have to go through all the trouble to dig up the root if not their strong belief that the root is better? The pursuit of the ashwagandha root is notable indeed in Ayurveda. Even the very name of the herb (“ashwa” for horse and “gandha” for smell) is owing to the root which smells like a horse, according to Ayurveda texts.
KSM-66 Farms - Sustainability and Organic:
KSM-66 is a sustainably and organically operated ashwagandha grower with numerous supported farms structured upon a replenishment model. The supply chain and production are fully vertically integrated to avoid supply variation by sourcing from other ashwagandha growers. Sustainability, organic farming, and community relationships are what has allowed this company and product to sustainably grow and be part of the growing science behind the benefits of full spectrum ashwagandha.
Why Choose KSM-66 ?
- KSM-66 is the highest concentration, most bioavailable full-spectrum root extract on the market today, retaining all the natural constituents of the herb in its original balance.
- KSM-66 is the ashwagandha root extract with the most extensive set of research studies and clinical trials.
- KSM-66 has the highest percentage of withanolides of all branded “root-only” extracts available today. It has more than 5% concentration of withanolides as measured by HPLC.
- The production of KSM-66 has tight vertical integration for high quality and price advantage. KSM-66’s maker is the only ashwagandha manufacturer in the world with its own farms, production facilities, testing laboratories, research center, and distribution.
- KSM-66 is the botanical with the highest number of certifications. KSM-66 and its manufacturing have gone through the most extensive inspections and safety assessments in our industry for the labels of GMP (USP, NSF, NPA-UL, WHO), 100% USDA Organic, Non-GMO (Non-GMO Project Verified), Gluten Free (by GFCO), BSCG-drug free, Kosher, Halal, HACCP and several others.
- KSM-66 has a neutral taste and is not bitter like other ashwagandha extracts, making it an excellent choice for use in foods and beverages.
- KSM-66 has negligible levels of Withaferin A, a widely recognized cyto-toxic withanolide.
- KSM-66 is produced using a first-of-its-kind, unique extraction process, based on “Green Chemistry” principles, without using alcohol or any synthetic solvents.
- KSM-66 is GRAS Affirmed, Vegetarian, Safe and Shelf-stable.
KSM-66 is an Award Winning Ashwangandha: Best Ashwangandha
For several of the factors listed above, KSM-66 was awarded the Sports Nutrition Ingredient of the Year, by The NutraIngredients Asia 2018, the recipient of “SFE-Herbal Industry Leader Award” 2016, Frost & Sullivan 2014 “Product Innovation in Botanicals” award, “Best Botanical Ingredient” award for 2013 at Natural Products Expo West and “Innovative Ingredient of the Year” award for 2012 at Panacea.