Growing up, every Mom on our street made tuna salad with 3 ingredients: tuna, relish and tons of mayonnaise. To get a healthy mayo-type consistency requires a bit of blending but the ingredients are simple to use and it is well worth the work. This recipe is a great addition to any hearty table whether you eat real tuna or Tu-NOT!
Vegan Tuna Pasta Salad Ingredients:
Vegan Tuna Pasta Salad Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ cup Delores hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white ground chia
- ¼ teaspoon rock salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
Vegan Tuna Pasta Salad:
- 1 -15oz can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup celery, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle, finely chopped
Vegan Tuna Pasta Salad Directions
- In a food processor, blend together all of the sauce ingredients until creamy. Set aside.
- Add chick peas to food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped but not smooth.
- Add chick peas to serving bowl and stir in celery, green onion and dill pickle then mix in sauce.
- Serve as a side or enjoy on a wrap or as a gluten free sandwich. This recipe tastes even better the next day – so try to make ahead!
- Makes about 1 ¼ cups.