Rich in whole protein, vitamin E, and Omega’s.
Unlike the famous spinach dip that was stuffed into carved out rye bread loaves and brought to every party in the 1990’s, and which is also full of super-fatty cheese and mayo, THIS recipe tastes as creamy and decadent but is awesomely good for you! Rich in whole protein, vitamin E, and Omega’s, this dip is one you can enjoy guilt free. Whether you serve it with veggie sticks or plop it into a scooped out gluten free bread loaf, this one will be a favorite for the health nut and the mayo-lover alike…everyone can be great-full!
Spinach Dip Ingredients:
- 10 oz. (300gr) frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1 can (4oz/ 218ml) sliced water chestnut
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup red star nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ cup slow roasted hemp seeds
- ¼ cup Delores hemp seeds
- ½ cup water (or plain rice milk)
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½teaspoon rock salt
- ¼ teaspoon yellow mustard (condiment not powder)
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
Spinach Dip Directions:
- Drain the spinach and squeeze out the water. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain and chop the water chestnut (should equal approx. ¾ cup) and add to spinach mix.
- Stir in chopped green onion and nutritional yeast flakes to spinach mixture.
- In a Magic Bullet or food processer, add all other ingredients (slow roasted and Delores hemp seeds, water/plain rice milk, onion powder, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, rock salt, mustard, chili powder and ground pepper).
- Blend on high until creamy.
- Pour the “hemp sauce” into spinach mixture and gently stir until it is mixed throughout spinach.
- Serve chilled with veggies or in a scooped out bread loaf (a gluten free one of course!).