Greek Quinoa Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cup unpolished quinoa
- 2 cups veggie stock
- ¼ teaspoon rock salt
- 2 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved (1 pint)
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, minced
Greek Quinoa Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Delores hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons coconut sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon rock salt
In a medium pot, add quinoa, salt and water.
Stir and place on stove top covered on high heat. Once it comes to a boil, reduce to low and let cook for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, turn off heat and set quinoa aside still covered or 10 minutes. Then gently flake with a fork, until lightly fluffy.
In a mixing bowl, add tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, red onion and parsley. Add quinoa and gently mix.
Blend dressing ingredients together and drizzle on top of salad. Mix well and serve. Can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Makes about 6 cups.