I love the fact that you can have a truffle that is healthy and delicious. “Wow” friends and family with this simply and healthy truffle treat!
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup agave or maple syrup
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ¾ cup Delores hemp seeds
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of rock salt
- 2 tablespoons each of coconut cacao nibs and slow roasted hemp seeds(garnish)
- Melt coconut oil and mix in agave or maple syrup, cacao powder, coconut sugar, hemp seeds, vanilla and salt.
- Refrigerate for one hour, then take a tablespoon of batter and roll into balls.
- In 2 small bowls place coconut cacao nibs and hemp seeds in each, and roll the truffles in each (works even better if you put a dollop of agave/syrup on top of each truffle).
- Can be frozen. Keep in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Makes about 20 truffles.
Ca-WOW Kale Chips
Kale is one of the best greens you can eat. It is a great source of fiber, highly alkaline and rich in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, calcium, beta-carotene, vitamin C, folic acid, vitamin B6, manganese, and potassium. These chips are not only tasty but are full of health benefits with high anti-oxidants, pure protein and immune boosting. WOW is right.
- 2 bunches of kale (14-16 leaves)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup Delores hemp seed
- ¼ teaspoon rock salt
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut cacao nibs (or cacao nibs)
- Remove stems of kale, wash, pat dry and tear into strips (3-4 inches) and place in a large bowl.
- Melt coconut oil over low heat, cool and pour evenly over kale and hand mix together.
- In a separate small bowl, mix all of the remaining ingredients together. Then evenly sprinkle onto kale and mix with hands until all kale coated.
- Place in a dehydrator for about 4 hours. If you do not have access to a dehydrator, then for oven baking: preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); line a non-insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake chips about 10-15 minutes until the edges brown but are not burnt.
- Keep in an airtight container.
This recipe is easy to make, tastes great, and has a number of Superfoods included in it. This is a good recipe to have as a super simple stand by!
- 20 dates, pitted 1 cup water
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons white ground chia
- 2 tablespoons Delores hemp seeds
- 3 large mint leaves
- ¼ teaspoon rock salt
- Place dates in a large bowl and add 2 cups warm water. Soak for 3 hours or until soft.
- In a food processor, blend all of the ingredients together until the mousse is smooth and creamy. Add more mint if desired.
- Pour into four dessert bowls and serve chilled. Note: due to avocados this should be eaten same day made.