This vegan non-dairy macaroni and cheese not only tastes great but is a fabulous way to enjoy Superfoods in a retro way. The new nutritious take on an old classic is a super way to get great essential fatty acids, whole protein, anti-oxidants and minerals galore. Make the bright orange boxed "Krap Macaroni" a thing of an unhealthy past, and get super powered up!!
Mac and Cheese Recipe Ingredients:
- 1-375g or 13oz bag gluten free elbow pasta
- 2½ cups non-dairy unflavored milk
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons white ground chia
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons rock salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ cup Delores hemp seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Mac and Cheese Recipe Directions:
- Cook the gluten free pasta according to the directions on the bag or box until al dente (don’t overcook).
- While pasta is cooking, place all other ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy. Don’t worry it looks runny but will thicken when added to pasta and simmered.
- Drain cooked pasta and add sauce and pasta back into pasta pot.
- Simmer over medium/low heat for 5-10 minutes, to allow it to thicken.
- Makes 4 cups.