This salsa is my favorite to enjoy with Mexican themed foods. It is also vegan and gluten-free. It has the right amount of spice with the right amount of fresh flavors. With the hemp and chia addition, it goes from fabulous to super-fabby!
Easy Red Salsa Ingredients:
- 1-28-oz can diced tomatoes, no added salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon rock salt
- ⅓ cup canned green chilies (1-4.5oz can), chopped (or add a few squirts of hot sauce of choice to heat you like)
- ⅓ cup fresh packed cilantro
- ⅓ cup green onions, washed and chopped
Easy Red Salsa Directions:
- Reserving the juice, strain tomatoes and place in a medium bowl
- Place the tomato juice from can in a food processor. Add in the garlic, hemp seeds, lime juice, chia, and salt. Blend on high for about 40 seconds until blended.
- Wash and coarsely chop cilantro and add this together with chilies and green onion to diced tomato bowl.
- Add a ½ cup of the diced tomato mixture to the hemp/chia mix in the processor and blend on low for 5 seconds. Add in the blended hemp/chia mix to remaining diced tomato mixture.
- Pour mixture into serving bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes. If you want it thicker, add ½ tablespoon of whole seed chia and leave to thicken for another 20 minutes. Will keep in the fridge for 3 days. May be frozen.
- Makes about 3 cups.
- Note: If you are running out of time, simply buy a 16oz jar of premade salsa, and pour half into food processor and add the same amount as above of lime juice, hemp seeds, chia and the cilantro pulse 5-7 times and add back into remaining salsa. It’s a fast super simple salsa version.
Team this recipe up with our Vegan Hemp Seed Sour Cream as condiments for any Mexican entrée. Who knew sour cream and salsa could be superfood snacks?!