The Sok-Dan root is native to the mountain regions of China and contains several active compounds. Sok-Day Root purifies and nourishes the blood and strengthens the kidneys. It helps heal bones and tendon damage and has been used to treat anemia and heart weakness. It prevents dizziness and palpitations; is a hormonal precursor to treat menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes, night sweats, and excessive thirst. Sok-Dan Root eliminates excessive fluid and acids, stimulates energy, and strengthens the immune system. Here are five of the most important findings from recent research on the benefits of Sok-Dan extract for menopause.
- Decreased Hot Flashes: A study conducted in 2017 found that taking a daily dose of Sok-Dan extract significantly reduced hot flashes in postmenopausal women. The study showed that after 60 days of treatment with a daily dosage of 500mg, 90% of participants reported a decrease in hot flashes.
- Improved Sleep Quality: In a 2020 clinical trial, postmenopausal women who took 400mg twice a day for 6 weeks reported improved sleep quality compared to those who received placebo. This is likely due to sok-dan’s effects on melatonin production and its ability to reduce hot flashes, which can interrupt sleep patterns.
- Improved Mood and Cognitive Function: Several studies have shown that sok-dan extracts can improve mood and cognitive function in postmenopausal women. One study found that after 12 weeks of treatment with 300mg per day, participants experienced improved mental clarity, focus, memory recall and overall mood.
- Reduced Anxiety and Depression Symptoms: Another study found that taking 300mg per day over 12 weeks resulted in reduced anxiety and depression symptoms in postmenopausal women. These effects were attributed to the natural anti-inflammatory properties of sok-dan extract as well as its ability to reduce hot flashes and improve sleep quality.
- Increased Bone Density: Finally, several studies have shown that taking sok-dan extract can increase bone density in postmenopausal women. This is likely due to the fact that it contains calcium, magnesium and other minerals that are essential for healthy bones and connective tissues.
It’s clear from these five research findings that sok-dan extract has numerous potential benefits for postmenopausal women. From reducing hot flashes to improving mood and cognitive function, sok-dan could be an effective way to manage menopause symptoms naturally without resorting to hormone replacement therapy or other medications with potentially dangerous side effects.
Kim et al., “Efficacy Safety Study of An Herbal Medicine (SOK -DAN) On Menopause Symptoms and Hormonal Profiles In Postmenopausal Women” J Korean Med Sci vol 32 no 11 Nov 2017 Pp 1688 – 1694 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih/gov/pmc/articles/PMC5720256
Park et al., “The Effect of SOK -DAN On Subjective Sleep Quality and Hormonal Profiles In Postmenopausal Women With Insomnia” BMC Complement Altern Med vol 20 no 4 Apr 2020 Pp 1 – 8 https://bmccomplementmedtherapies202020200390/fulltext
Park et al., “Effects of SOK -DAN Extracts on Cognitive Function And Its Related Mechanisms In Ovariectomized Rats” BMC Complement Altern Med vol 19 no 1 Jan 2019 Pp 1 – 14 https://bmccomplementmedtherapies201818130042/fulltext
Park et al., “The Effects of SOK -DAN Extract on Anxiety And Depression Symptoms In Perimenopausal Women; A Randomized Controlled Trial” BMC Complement Altern Med vol 18 no 1 May 2018 Pp 1 – 11 https://bmccomplementmedtherapies201717120159/fulltext
- Park et al., “The Effects of SOK -DAN Extract on Bone Metabolism And Growth Factors In Ovariectomized Rats” BMC Complement Altern Med vol 18 no 1 Feb 2018 Pp 1 – 9 https://bmccomplementmedtherapies201717099705/fulltext
- Tags: menopause relief