- A 2012 study published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine found that maca root supplementation improved sexual desire in postmenopausal women after 8 weeks of use.
- Another 2012 study in Phytotherapy Research found that maca significantly increased sexual desire and satisfaction among healthy adult women after taking it for 4 weeks.
- A 2016 study in Advances In Sexual Medicine showed that maca supplementation was linked with a significant improvement in sexual arousal and orgasm intensity, as well as decreased anxiety related to sex.
- A 2018 study from Menopause found that maca may reduce menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, insomnia, depression, and decreased libido by improving endocrine balance and hormonal functions associated with the aging process.
- A 2019 study from BMC Complementary Medicine & Therapies concluded that maca root extract is effective at increasing libido, improving physical performance, reducing stress levels, improving energy levels, and reducing anxiety among postmenopausal women.
The research is clear: Maca root can be an effective tool for boosting libido in postmenopausal women when taken regularly over time. If you’re looking for a natural way to improve your sex drive, adding a supplement like maca root to your daily routine could be just the thing you need! At the very least, it's worth giving it a try!
- Tags: libido