1. In a large pot on medium heat, heat coconut oil until melted then add onions and garlic.
2. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes until onions are slightly translucent, stir occasionally.
3. Add in yams and vegetable broth, cover and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Turn down heat to medium/low and add in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for another 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until all vegetables are cooked through.
5. Serve on its own or over brown rice or rice noodles.